Actor Mithilesh Chaturvedi, who appeared in movies and plays, passed away suddenly on August 4 in the early hours. He was 68. The actor died after experiencing heart arrest. Ashish Chaturvedi, Mithilesh Chaturvedi’s son-in-law, verified the news in a Facebook post.
Since Chaturvedi’s work spanned several decades and affected generations, his passing shocked the business.
On his Instagram Story, filmmaker Hansal Mehta posted a picture of Chaturvedi and said, “RIP Mithilesh Ji.”
Several admirers lamented the actor’s demise on social media and sent supportive messages to the grieving family.
Mithilesh Chaturvedi, last seen in the Gulabo Sitabo movie with Amitabh Bachchan and Ayushmann Khurrana, passed away from a cardiac condition. He reportedly had a heart condition bothering him for a while. He recently had a heart attack as well, which led to his transfer back to his hometown.
Some of the notable movies of Mithilesh Chaturvedi:
- In the whimsical slice-of-life series, Gulabo Sitabo, Mirza and Baankey resemble Tom and. In the film, two cunning guys engage in a game of one-upmanship while each one recruits new clan members for their purpose.
- In the 2003 science fiction movie Koi… Mil Gaya, also known as KMG, Rohit, a young man with a mental disability, befriends an alien. In an effort to apprehend the extraterrestrial once the authorities have learned about it, Rohit makes every effort to keep his new companion safe. Mithilesh essayed the role of a computer expert in Hrithik Roshan’s Koi… Mil Gaya.
- In the movie Asoka, which starred Shah Rukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan as the main characters, he played the evil minister of Kalinga.
- In Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, he also appeared in the role of a journalist.
- Additionally, Mithilesh performed in some comedic roles. He played Jenny’s adoptive father in Katrina Kaif’s movie Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani. He portrayed Zareen Khan’s father in Salman Khan’s Ready.
- In addition, he will be recognised for his work in the online series Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story and the films Satya, Gandhi, and My Father, in which he portrayed the attorney Ram Jethmalani.
According to sources, he was working on a few projects that would now, regrettably, stay unfinished. This contained Banchhada- Journey of a Prostitute by Neeraj Singh and Shraddha Srivastava.
Also read our take on Indian Predator, The Butcher of Delhi
While Rahat Khan’s Fiza Mein Tapish is now in the post-production phase, it has been claimed that he and Manini De have both signed on for the web series Talli Jodi (CID, Krrish).
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram!