Indian Premier League is one of the tournaments which all Indians wait for. It’s a platform to see players of different nationalities play together in a team. We also get to see players from the same country play against each other to win the title. IPL 2021 was suspended early this year due to Covid 19 outbreak in the bio bubble. As we all know the second wave of COVID-19 created a lot of problems in India. But on 19th September IPL 2021 is going to resume in UAE instead of India. So the first match we are going to witness is Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings.
Meanwhile looking at the scoreboard, Delhi Capitals sits on the top of the chart with 12 points. Chennai Super Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore both have 10 points but CSK leading with a better run rate. Sunrisers Hyderabad has a long way to go as they are at the bottom of the table with 2 points. But this table may entirely change by the end of playoffs and teams have a long way to go. So, here is the schedule for IPL 2021. The IPL Final match is expected to be held on 15th October 2021 at 7.30 pm.
Follow Saltsnap for more updates
Flashback of Phase 1
Shikar Dhawan from Delhi Capitals had 380 runs under his belt and was a top run-scorer in the first phase of IPL 2021. He had an amazing strike rate of 134.27. KL Rahul was the second-best run-scorer with almost 331 runs with a strike rate of 136.21.
Schedule of IPL 2021 Phase 2
Who Will Not Be Seen In Phase 2
- Kolkata Knight Rider’s fast bowler Pat Cummins will not be part of phase 2. He is expected to have a baby in the month of September- October. So for fulfilling his fatherly duties this star bowler will be absent from the squad.
- Jos Buttler will also be unable to feature in second phase due to personal reasons. His absence will surely have an impact on Rajasthan Royal’s batting order.
- Adam Zampa who is part of Royal Challengers Bangalore will also be missing for phase 2.
- Jhye Richardson and Riley Meredith who have been part of Punjab Kings will not be playing this time.
- Daniel Sams who is part of Virat Kohli Squad ‘Royal Challengers Banglore’ will be not playing this time citing Mental Health Issues. Kane Richardson will also be missing from RCB sqaud this time.
- Jofra Archer who was in Rajasthan Royals squad will also be missing this year due to his elbow Injury. This will reduce the chances for Rajasthan Royals.
- Ben Stokes also will not be part of this IPL 2021 which is going to be held in UAE. As many of you know, he played for Rajasthan Royals.
Where to Watch IPL 2021?
To watch the second phase of IPL 2021 you need to tune on to Star Sports 1, Star Sports 3, and Star Sports HD channels. For streaming online, download Hotstar or JIOTV. You will be updated with the cricket live score on these apps.
Also read, 5 Reasons Why Dale Steyn Is a Cricketer That History Won’t Forget