Greek Salad is the easiest and simple yet healthy dish which you can savour on. Anytime, anywhere.
A wholesome salad with crunchy Romaine with plenty of tomatoes, olives, red onion, and feta cheese. The acidic vinegar and oil dressing complements all of the delectable vegetables perfectly. The second element of this that we have to underline is the wonderful salad dressing. It’s really light and tasty and comprises basic pantry goods combined with fresh dill. It’s that easy!
It is easy to make yet so scrumptious. Still unsure? Try one yourself!
FOR THE DRESSING
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard powder
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
FOR THE SALAD
1 large head of romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Half cup pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
6-8 whole pepperoncini peppers
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss all of the salad ingredients, except the pepperoncini peppers, in a large mixing bowl. Toss the salad with the dressing of your choice.
- Before serving, garnish with pepperoncini peppers.
Tips to follow while making a Greek Salad
- Look for lettuce with crisp leaves that appear to be fresh. Take a look at the stem end as well. The lettuce is generally not as fresh if it’s brown and dried out. Because lettuce is mainly water, it will wilt soon. Depending on the variety, most lettuce should be used within 2-5 days.
- Simply store it in a compact container — a mason jar or anything with a tight-fitting lid will suffice – and give it another good shake before serving.
- In a small basin of cold water, submerge sliced red onion. Set aside for 15 minutes to soak while you finish the remainder of the salad.
Also, read: How to make Red Velvet Cake at home
Follow us on Instagram