Ashtami is here, and the festival of Durga Puja is going in full swing not only in Kolkata but in the whole country. Durga Puja pandals show their love and belief towards Durga Ma. The makers descript a thousand things through these huge pandals and let the world understand the significance and beauty of the days of Durga Puja.
Pandal hopping is a common thing that all of us do during festival days. And on Ashtami, folks visit the beautiful pandals to pray to the Goddess. Let us take a look at some of the most creative pandals that the country has to offer. Additionally, also peep into the messages that every pandal offers.
Some Famous Durga Puja Pandals 2020 and 2021 In Kolkata
1. An exciting place to visit a puja pandal in Kolkata is at the Sreebhumi Sporting Club. Well, it is a surprise the pandal is a replication of Burj Khalifa. It is a 145-feet Durga Puja pandal in the heart of the city.
2. The locals call it one of the best pandals in the whole of North Kolkata. The Kumartuli Durga Puja attracts large crowds every year during the festival and especially on the Ashtami. Additionally, the place is famous as the hub for the idol makers.
3. During the pandemic, the idol was shown as a migrant mother at the Barisha Club in Durga Puja 2020. Additionally, the idol holds a child in one of her hands. Moreover, one can also witness two girl children behind the idol, showing them they are following their mother’s way. The fourth child, who is in the form of Ganesha, also moves with them. The makers say that the idea of such a pandal was to inform the people about the situation of the migrants during the pandemic.
4. Another Puja Pandal in the streets of Kolkata shows its political stance. We are all aware that Kolkata can never be separated from politics. The pandal indicates that they are in support of with the farmers of the Lakhimpur Kheri district.
5. The followers of Durga Ma can also witness an exquisite pandal at the Ballygunge Cultural Association. This is one of the most famous puja pandals in the city. Additionally, stars from the Bengal film industry visit the area to pray and celebrate the festival. Besides, one can also get an opportunity to witness the celebration from the old times in this place.
Also Read: Navratri 2021